Sunday, July 5, 2009

Well...

I’m out of money.

Hehe.  J

I planned the best I could for what I thought would be enough for me to be here for the whole summer, but I planned incorrectly.  So I am coming home on the 15th of July.

It’s quite early, isn’t it? 

I keep thinking I should be really angry about this. 

But I looked at my kite just a little bit ago and saw all the wonderful places I have gone—all over Germany, through the city of Salzburg, Prague, the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland, Buckingham Palace in London, all around France—and what can I say?  I’ve had an experience that many only ever dream of. 

I have ZERO reason to be angry.

And I still have a ten days left.  I thought to myself, “What the heck can I do in ten days?!” but then realized that sometimes that’s an entire European trip for some.  So I still have a lot to do.  My plan is to skip Spain (which is sad, because I can sort of speak the language and I desperately wanted to see the Running of the Bulls), and see what I can do in Italy.  As of now, I’m flying to Milan on Tuesday the 7th, and then go to Cinque Terre (which is my #1 destination), spend a few  days there, head back to Milan for a early-morning flight to Paris, stay in a hostel (AND CELEBRATE BASTILLE DAYS, WHICH IS THE 14th!!), and come home on the 15th. 

Doesn’t that sound great? 

So my trip has been cut about a month and a half short, but I have still accomplished so much (which I will be talking about more in later posts), including traveling in Europe by myself with Anxiety and Depression, and I still have a very cool 10-day journey to come! 

So keep reading.  :) 

And keep praying, because these next ten days are going to be packed with stuff, and I ask that you ask God to be tangibly with me and allow me to walk in His Spirit.  Also, pray that my anxiety may be under control and that I am calm and confident while finding God in these next ten days.  I currently (as of 2:15pm in Nîmes, France) feeling still quite anxious about this whole thing.  Pray for my comfort.  Pray for my confidence.  Pray that I arrive safely in Minneapolis on July 15th. 

And keep reading, because I have more to say.  :)

I love you all. 

Brian

7 comments:

  1. Godspeed, Brian!

    We love you. We're praying for you. Everything will be fine, God is with you.

    Peace and all good to you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, great job going as far and doing as much as you have on your budget. You're not the first to say, "My trip budget is toast. Time to head home."

    Remember; it's not what you HAVEN'T seen while in Europe, it's WHAT YOU HAVE seen!

    I can't wait to see what the next 10 days bring you! I look forward to your next entries on La Rochelle, Nimes, etc.

    It's been a fantastic adventure and I can't wait to follow your next days in Europe.

    Enjoy, my boy!

    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait, you forgot to say where you posted this from... are you still in nimes? with the same family? i'm so curious after not hearing from you for 2-3 days!

    you are so amazing and mature and positive about this!
    cannot WAIT to see you :)

    christie

    p.s. love you always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian, you are so honest and open I can only hope to learn from you (sometimes being brutally honest and open is hard for me). Thanks for letting me follow your blog. I feel like I know you better because of it :D
    Keep talking to people, it seems good things always come of it!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS IS ACTUALLY TANYA STEINHOFF (your cousin)
    Brian!!!!!!! I heard you were just leaving Italy?!? And uhhh I was hoping to get a call from you with an Italian guy...correction and Italian HOT guy!!!! Or at least just take a picture with an Italian boy so I can dream one day I'll meet one Love you cousin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really Dione. You will get through this, Brian! We are praying for you. I know you will treasure these last days in Europe, and will look back with fond memories on your experience. "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your heart(s) through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." (Ephesians 3:16-19)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brian, that picture of you flying your kite makes me so incredibly happy! It is such a perfect picture, you and your splendid kite :) I'm sorry the trip got cut short, but it does sound as though you have had some truly amazing adventures already! Enjoy your last 10 days!!!

    Lindsey Sawtell

    ReplyDelete