Monday, May 25, 2009

Europe, baby.

There are two things that I have to work on getting through my head: (1) I'm done with my sophomore year of college, which is hard to comprehend because of all the work I’ve been doing for Europe, and (2) that I’m going to Europe in three days, which is hard to comprehend because of all the work I’ve been doing for school.

Crazy.

I’m done with school, though, and I AM leaving for Europe in three days, so I’m just going to have to get over it get going.  

I thought you all would be interested in knowing about what the heck I’m actually going to be doing in Europe for the whole summer, so I made a little itinerary for you. (As good of an itinerary I can make right now anyway…A lot of my planning will be done while I’m in Europe to make sure I have flexibility.)

Anyway, here it is.  

CHOIR TRIP:
May 26, 6:00pm: Fly out of Minneapolis Airport
May 27, 12:50pm: Arrive in Frankfurt, Germany
May 28: Bad Hamburg, Worms, and Rudesheim, Germany. Concert in Rudesheim.
May 29: Lubeck, Germany. Free night.
May 30: Wyk auf Fuhr, Germany.  
May 31: Wyk auf Fuhr, Germany. Concert.
June 1: Celle, Germany. Free evening.
June 2: Weimar, Germany. Concert.
June 3: Erfurt and Wartburg, Germany. Concert.
June 4: Prague, Czech Rep. Concert
June 5: Prague, Czech Rep. Sightseeing.
June 6: Arrive in Salzburg, Austria.
June 7: Free day in Salzburg / Mass at Salzburg Cathedral.
June 8: Nidderau, Germany. Concert.
June 9: Choir leaves from Frankfurt, Germany.

And THEN, me and three of my friends from the choir are going to do traveling for 10 more days.

TRIP WITH FRIENDS:
June 9-10: Pfortzeim, Germany. (Black Forest)
June 11-12: Munich, Germany.
June 13-16: Ireland. We’re landing in Belfast and working our way down to Dublin.
June 17-18: London, England.
June 19: Friends leave (in the morning).

I will be on my own from here on out.  Here’s where the planning gets a little more general. (I’m alright with that, though.)

BY MYSELF:
June 19: Spend the rest of the day in London.
June 20: 4:25pm, take the Chunnel to Paris.
June 20-July 7: 18 days in France. My plan: to see the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triumph, Giverny, La Rochelle (they check out bikes for free there), and probably somewhere near Provence.

July 7-14: Pamplona, Spain. I will VIEW the running of the bulls festival.  Notice I did not say “run.” I will simply watch happily from a protected area…preferably on top of a building. This festival is filled with music and food and fireworks every night. And bull-running every morning. Can’t wait.
July 14-August 2: More Spain. I need to see Madrid and Barcelona. Also, I’m planning on checking out a few other gorgeous towns like Cirauqui, Noja, Puente la Reina, Astorga, and Fisterre. My whole time in Spain will be 27 days.

August 2-20: 19 days in Italy. This one is barely planned because I will have more than a month to do that. It’s really far in the future anyway. I have sort of a plan to go to Pisa, Cinque Terre, Florence, Assisi, somewhere in Florence, Civita di Bagnoregio (look it up), Rome, and Venice.

So that’s what it looks like. Three months in Europe. Whew.

As far as how I’m doing right now, I go back and forth from being desperately excited to desperately nervous. But I suppose that’s good. Most of my ducks are in a row now, so I just have to make sure I get everything packed.  

Thanks, everyone, for your support with this.  Also, I’m open to travel suggestions from those who have been to Europe.

Peace.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment